Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Danglies!!!

So I've never been much into jewelry. Sure I have a couple necklaces, some bracelets, the obligatory diamond studs, a ruby ring Mom & Dad bought me at graduation...but not an entire jewelry box full of accessories. Until the past couple of years, anway! I have developed an adoration/fascination for dangly, HUGE earrings. Why? No clue. Maybe because they make me feel glamorous, or maybe it's just a way to add a splash of color and outrageous-ness to an otherwise blah outfit. All I know is, I troll through the clearance jewelry section at a wide range of stores: from Wal-Mart to Claire's to Target to Macy's, looking for a cute new pair of earbobs. Sunday evening I realised I have a ridiculous plethora when I decided to go through my jewelry box. I have earrings in there that haven't seen the light of day for months! It was like I'd just gone shopping again! What made me think of this? Well, I got a little thrill this morning (this dreary, rainy morning) when I slipped in my sunny yellow round monstrosities! Yay for danglies!

1 comment: